Friday, October 22, 2004

I have an advantage

Today I met a friend at our local donut shop. I guessed that that he would be there... and I knew he was hitting tough times... the sure sign is when collecting cans and bottles becomes a necessary part of survival...

I brought him half of what I had for dinner last night. He was so thankful for the gift and for being thought of...

I have the advantage of knowing people who struggle with life every day. At some point we move from identification and sharing to wanting to see the realities that they are struggling with transformed. The hunger in the prayer, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven". This keeps me on my knees, gives me clear reasons for fasting and prayer; Only God knows where this will lead.

No comments: