Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The first Wave of avoidance.

Yesterday I bought a Burrito. I had it cut in half so I would be prepared to share it. The truth was I was hungry and had waited way too long for lunch -- two hours too long. When I saw Robert I knew that he would be grateful for a half a Burrito... but I kept on stepping... I was hungry... so is he...

The goal is not legalism or self-condemnation... but rather a deeper sense of awareness which is very connected to healthy spirituality... I ate the whole thing too fast and ended up with a little ache in the stomach because of it...

Still my awareness of my own consumption is strengthened by my awareness of Robert... a person who I now know by name... It is a grace to share... and I hope that I get to share with Robert at another time... This awareness gives me another motivation to start again -- for both of our wellbeing.

No comments: